From King Arthur's Gold Wiki
Revision as of 01:50, 24 April 2019 by Punk123
- April, 21 2019 [KAG] Build 2924 - Assists, more emote keys
Bug fixes and assists added
- April, 17 2019 [KAG] Build 2920 - KAG Free to Play after 8 Years
Free to play launch
- Nov, 28 2017 [KAG] Build 2416 - Many Fixes, Improved Performance, New Emotes Can be Bound
Bug fixes, Performance improved and emotes changes.
- Nov, 21 2017 [KAG] Build 2409 - New Profiler, Emotes, Translations, Fixes and More!
Profiler added for modders, New emotes, More Translations and more!
- May, 26 2016 [KAG] Build 1865 - Engine Update, Sponges in TDM, Modded Server Fixes
Adds sponges to TDM and bug fixes!
- May, 20 2016 [KAG] Build 1859 - Sponge Defense and Various Fixes
Sponges now might have a useful purpose.
- May, 14 2016 [KAG] Official Modded Server - What Should it Run?
Want THD to host a mod for you? Post here!
- April, 25 2016 [KAG] Build 1830 Hotfix - Server Madness
Fixed holiday event bug. #BlameGeti
- April 20, 2016 [KAG] Build 1830 - A Few Weeks' Tweaks and TR Offer
Balance changes made to ballista + 30% TR coupon.
- Mar 17, 2016 [KAG] Build 1796 - Fixes to Round out The Week
Anything new? Nope, bug fixes!
- Mar 14, 2016 [KAG] Build 1792 - Steam Achievements, Fixes and Resolution Changes
Added steam achievements + new default game resolution.
- Jan 21, 2016 [KAG] Build 1741 – Mines and Coins
Adjustments made to game economy + mines.
- Jan 16, 2016 OSX Users - Post Current Bugs Here
Having issues launching KAG? Post here!
- July 5, 2015 [KAG] Build 1537
New build with changes to trap blocks and wood doors.
- July 2, 2015 KAG - Build Server Issues + Revert
We're having trouble pushing the newest build for windows.
- June 18, 2015 Issues with Authentication
We apologize for the authentication errors that are occurring.
- May 27, 2015 [KAG] Build 1500
A medium-sized build featuring new TDM maps, a boulder nerf.
- May 18, 2015 [KAG] Build 1492 - Mechanisms and More!
This build brings wire-based mechanisms to KAG.
- April 10, 2015 [KAG] Build 1453 - Fixes and "Ergonomic" Tweaks
New slash sprites, a swear filter, balance changes, and more!
- July 2, 2014 Sangfroid Montage - Tender is the Knight
Sangfroid showcases the glamorous life of a knight in the game.
- Jun 22, 2014 Update on the THD.VG story + Patch estimates for KAG
THD.vg drama, CTF changes and abstaining coming soon.
- Jun 5, 2014 New support email
New support email, send all your help requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jun 4, 2014 Brief outage this morning
.vg issues cause some problems but its all good now.
- May 12, 2014 Build 1120 - Balance, Modding and Fixes
CTF build time lengthened and keg tweaks.
- May 2, 2014 Build 1110
Shield nerfed, blocks buffed, bombs nerfed, mines buffed, kegs changed.
- Feb 28, 2014 Tweaks and Modding Fixes
Fixed loading errors with modding & modified arrow damage.
- Feb 24, 2014 Hotfix for Patcher Typo
Fix for files appearing out of KAG directory.
- Feb 24, 2014 Back to Reality
Added CTF storage, and modified no-build zones at the edge of the map. Thanks Skinney!
- Feb 20, 2014 Blink Bundle
Get KAG for 50% off!
- Feb 17, 2014 Modding Showcase Applications
Are you working on a great mod? We want to see it!
- Feb 14, 2014 Happy Valentines Day!
Added falling hearts
- Feb 10, 2014 Hotfix for Server Disconnects
Fixed bug that caused large amounts of disconnects.
- Feb 10, 2014 New Japanese Server
Added Japanese servers!
- Feb 8, 2014 Miscellaneous Improvements
Modified server browser, and much more!
- Feb 4, 2014 New Build this Week
New build coming soon!
- Jan 30, 2014 Server for Flagged People
Been flagged? We got a server for you!
- Jan 30, 2014 Updates with no Changes
Sorry! No new content.
- Jan 27, 2014 Build 1013
Bug fixes and added classic shield stacking.
- Jan 11, 2014 Build 998 - modding fixes & spec cam improvements
Improved death cam and file finding.
- Jan 4, 2014 100k Supporters!
100,000 people are supporting KAG!
- Dec 28, 2013 Call to Arms for Modders
Vent about modding issues!
- Dec 27, 2013 Build 984 - Fixed Disconnects, Old Ban Persistence + doc.kag2d.com is up
Easier to get on and stay on servers.
- Dec 23, 2013 Build 980 - Admin Functionality and Christmas Hats
Votekick changes and festive hats!
- Dec 20, 2013 Build 977 - Admin Aid, Scoreboard Improvements, Script Docs and More
Quick-banning and stable doors.
- Dec 18, 2013 Key generation issues got fixed (finally)
Nasty bug (infinite Steam keys…)fix!
- Dec 6, 2013 Build 963 - Build 963 - Crash fix, Anti-Doorspam, Helpful Tips
Tooltips for builders and crash fixes!
- Dec 6, 2013 Desura -> Steam Key Conversion Update
Old Desura users should be able to claim a Steam key.
- Nov 28, 2013 Build 954 - New TDM Maps, Waterfalls, And More!
New feature for siege weapons, too!
- Nov 21, 2013 Desura Key -> Steam Key Update
The system for redeeming keys should be in place soon.
- Nov 21, 2013 Build 947 - Fixes and Improvements
Several changes to gameplay and vote-kicking.
- Nov 20, 2013 What's coming next
Cleanup, in-game map editor, Steam achievements, community content, and more!
- Nov 18, 2013 An interview with Max and Michal on GameSkinny.com
Geti and MM talk about KAG.
- Nov 15, 2013 Fixed tutorial signs & singleplayer
Single player scripts were messed up, check them out if you missed them.
- Nov 13, 2013 Read if you have lag in a game
Some good tips.
- Nov 12, 2013 Build 939 - Partial unicode support, Water and Saw Tweaks + Many Fixes
Saws teamkill again.
- Nov 11, 2013 News on Steam keys for Desura players
Please redeem your gold codes.
- Nov 8, 2013 B935 - CTF & TTH tutorials added
Saws don't kill your team-mates any more.
- Nov 7, 2013 Update - servers auto-restarter
No more hassle with rebooting.
- Nov 7, 2013 Buy 3 Copies Get One Free
An amazing offer!
- Nov 6, 2013 New Quick Join Buttons
The quick join prefers low ping, non-empty but less than 12 people, building time servers.
- Nov 5, 2013 King Arthur’s Gold has hit Steam
We have finally made it!
- Nov 5, 2013 B932 - hotfixes for Steam
Just making sure everyone is on the same page.
- Nov 5, 2013 Funny beginners guide
Check it out!
- Nov 4, 2013 The official King Arthur’s Gold trailer is here.
- Nov 2, 2013 New interview with MM on GamingNexus.com
MM's few words on KAG.
- Nov 1, 2013 Build 928 - Pre-steam cleanup stuff + Heads
This build mostly has inaccessible steam-related fixes...
- Nov 1, 2013 On Name Changes and Impersonation
Abusers will get banned.
- Oct 31, 2013 Build 926 - Story behind the Build
Geti's account on build 926.
- Oct 31, 2013 Build 926 - New Voting, Steam news & Heads!
Steam release scheduled for Monday November 4th.
- Oct 30, 2013 There was meant to be Build 926 Today…
Steam integration bugs prevented it...
- Oct 25, 2013 Build 921 - Heads, Fixes, Maps
2 new heads have been added and fixes.
- Oct 23, 2013 Build 919 - Fixes, Heads, Balance, Maps
Added 3 new heads, Sandbox mode, KAGGen improved, more work on Steam integration...
- Oct 21, 2013 Unused KAG gifs!
Gifs which didn't make it on the main website...
- Oct 18, 2013 Build 912 - Catapult Optimisations and Changes
This build is another minor one as we’re mostly working on steam related stuff at the moment.
- Oct 15, 2013 Build 912 - Catapult Optimisations and Changes
Cata optimisation, lags hopefully fixed.
- Oct 15, 2013 Hotfix for B911 - Server owners please patch
There was a bug in the map cycle pushed, this has been fixed but needs server owners to patch their servers!
- Oct 15, 2013 Build 911 - Fixes, Optimisations, and Heads
This build is another quick one with a lot of incremental improvements - nothing groundbreaking but some more smoothness.
- Oct 14, 2013 Steam Delay - Don’t Despair!
Big apologies to all the people who were hanging on the edge of their seats all weekend and have been let down by no steam release yet!
- Oct 13, 2013 B909 - Balancing, Fixes, Upgrades, Optimisation
This build is mostly small things, but some of them will make a difference for modders, and most of them will make a difference for players.
- Oct 11, 2013 A Few Notes on B907
The chickens breeding exponentially is an issue - we’ll be releasing a patch over the weekend to address this asap...
- Oct 11, 2013 B907 - Chicken update!
Checkout the new chickens! Form a "FLYING CHICKEN DEATH SQUADRON"!
- Oct 8, 2013 Last day of Not On Steam sale
It’s the last chance to buy indie games with big discounts. Including 25% off for King Arthur’s Gold.
- Oct 8, 2013 B904 - Basics tutorial added
Very simple tutorial added.
- Oct 2, 2013 B899 - Fixes and Eased Frustrations
This is obviously a fairly minor build, but it eases a few major frustrations...
- Oct 2, 2013 Not (yet) on Steam Sale!
To celebrate the time before we hit the Steam store we are making a 25% off sale for King Arthur’s Gold.
- Oct 1, 2013 Build 898 - Fixes, Changes, Balance
This is partly a “hotfix” type build, but also adds a few changes and balance tweaks.
- Sep 30, 2013 A Few Snags with the Patcher, Good Progress Otherwise
Updater changes, more work on Steam integration, ballance issues being fixed...
- Sep 27, 2013 B893 - Automatic Mod Downloading
This update introduces automatic mod file downloading from the server you join.
- Sep 25, 2013 What’s next?
Long awaited Steam integration is coming!
- Sep 25, 2013 Hotfix for B890
Just quick fixes without changing the build number.
- Sep 24, 2013 B890 - Tweak-a-doodle-doo!
Knights can destroy all solid wood blocks. Optimisations and more.
- Sep 21, 2013 Fan made trailers/videos of KAG Beta
Take a look at this amazing piece of work.
- Sep 20, 2013 A Note about Server Performance
Server performance issues causing slowdown of bombs and similar...will be fixed.
- Sep 20, 2013 Build 886 - CTF and Back to Basics
CTF mode added! And more...
- Sep 19, 2013 CTF Day 10 and 11
We’re nearing the release of CTF at the moment!
- Sep 18, 2013 Wall Running Experiments
No more walljump, welcome wallrun!
- Sep 17, 2013 Script Changes for Next Build
Random(range) as a global function is removed, use XORRandom(range) instead.
- Sep 16, 2013 CTF Day 9 - First Day of Testing and Feature Roundup
First day of CTF testing.
- Sep 13, 2013 B878 - New Cooperative Challenges!
This build introduces the new singelplayer/cooperative gamemode called Challenges.
- Sep 11, 2013 CTF Day 7 - GUI, Tent Mats and Bugs
GUI on CTF, bugs fixed...
- Sep 10, 2013 CTF Days 5 and 6 - Shops!
CTF development is back on track!
- Sep 6, 2013 More News on CTF coming Next Week + Shop Sneak Peek
Shop sneak peak and what's coming next in CTF mode.
- Sep 5, 2013 B872 - Nice spectator camera + arrows lag fix
New spectator camera - be sure to check it out!
- Sep 2, 2013 B870 - Block Hitting Fixed and others
Block hitting has been fixed.
- Sep 2, 2013 Build B869 - Fixes and Tweaks
Tweaks to the archer and bug fixes.
- Aug 30, 2013 Build 866 - Interim Patch, Lots of Changes!
A lot of changes...
- Aug 28, 2013 Plan for the Rest of the Week
This is what is going to happen.
- Aug 27, 2013 "Challenges" days 2-4
Save the princess mode split into 7 separate levels.
- Aug 23, 2013 CTF Day 3 - Nostalgic sounds and General Progess
Old CTF sounds added, nice blinking HUD nag...
- Aug 23, 2013 New wall run + jump move
New move added!
- Aug 22, 2013 "Challenge" mode day 1
Further development of Challenge gamemode.
- Aug 21, 2013 New cooperative game mode “Challenge”
New gamemode called Challenges - play it with your friends!
- Aug 21, 2013 CTF Progress, Day 2 - Interruptions
- Aug 20, 2013 CTF Progress, Day 1 + Other news
New Capture the Flag mode in the works!
- Aug 19, 2013 How & why to stay in touch
Subscribe to our blog, like us on facebook!
- Aug 13, 2013 B847 - Shark noms, Balance Tweaks, Map Changes, Installers and More!
Shark has now chomp animation, added bedrock to maps, generating installers.
- Aug 12, 2013 Changes to User Panel at KAG2D.com, Desura keys!
Get your art booklet now!
- Aug 9, 2013 B844 - Cleaning up, Knight digging, Graphical tweaks
Knights can now dig in dirt! Trampolines are now very directional!
- Aug 8, 2013 Make a KAG Beta Trailer and Win!
Make a Beta trailer for a chance to win premium codes!
- Aug 6, 2013 B840 - New maps and Fixes
Maps for Take the Halls have been re-vamped. Also, bugfixes.
- Aug 3, 2013 B837 - Saturday Patch
Quick fixes for last build.
- Aug 2, 2013 Fixed Launcher bug and flooding
A patch for the previous build will be released soon!
- Aug 2, 2013 B836 - Performance improvements & Movement polish
We're working on ways to improve performance and in-game movement.
- Aug 2, 2013 Official Servers
We have four official servers set up, two each in EU and US.
- Aug 1, 2013 B835 - Fixes and Mapcycle Changes
More fixes and modifications!
- July 31, 2013 B834 - Spikes, Better Necromancer, and Lots of Fixes
Spikes have been modified, as well as Challenge mode.
- July 27, 2013 BETA IS OUT!!!
Check out all the features of the now-public beta!
- July 26, 2013 Last 12 hours of Indie Game Stand Sale, and some teasing
The sale is coming to a close!
- July 25, 2013 Giveaways and Tournaments Roundup!
Seven premium codes are up for grabs!
- July 23, 2013 Indie Game Stand Sale!
For the next four days you can pay whatever you want for KAG!
- July 8, 2013 Short Update on the Beta + Screenshots
KAG Beta is currently under internal testing for balance.
- June 18, 2013 KAG at "Pixel Heaven" event in Warsaw
We won the first prize as the best Indie Game!
- June 14, 2013 ARENA Open: SUMMER
Ej is hosting an open qualifier tournament for the ARENA Open Finals.
- May 24, 2013 KAG Radio starts this weekend!
A community run radio podcast is starting this weekend!
- May 14, 2013 Teaser: Riding Sharks
- Apr 26, 2013 Take that, CPU Usage and Bandwith!
Beta optimization successful!
- Apr 20, 2013 Guards vs The World ON NOW
The Guards vs World event is happening right now!
- Apr 18, 2013 Two years King Arthur's Gold!
Get some cake and share your joy on the forum. Don't forget to nostalgia!
- Apr 17, 2013 Royal Guard vs The World
This Saturday, at 12:00 noon GMT.
- Apr 14, 2013 Status update: Services Failure
Everything should work now as expected.
- Apr 14, 2013 Our Services Being Down Temporarily
All of our services are down at the moment due to hardware failure...
- Mar 30, 2013 Snags
We have a talk about some snags we’ve hit.
- Mar 30, 2013 More photos of GDC soon--It's over!
We’ve just had a full-on 2 weeks, and are heading home.
- Mar 26, 2013 ARENA Open: Spring
New knight tournament, hosted by Ej!
- Mar 25, 2013 Working hard on the beta--together
The devs had a meet (in real life) to work on KAG.
- Mar 21, 2013 KAG: MM's quest to build the best multiplayer game ever
A fantastic article from Indie Statik about MM's career and KAG's development!
- Mar 20, 2013 State of the Beta
An update from MM on the status of KAG beta.
- Mar 17, 2013 KAG is coming to Steam!
KAG will go on Steam with it’s first stable release!
- Mar 5, 2013 Teaser: New Beta Content
Shows some of the new content for the King Arthur's Gold Beta!
- Mar 5, 2013 KAG Gather: Matchmaking Service on IRC
Just dug up this little gem on the forum, it needs a little more love to become a reliable service, but with more patronage I’m sure it’ll get there!
- Mar 1, 2013 API Issue
There is a known issue with all API calls currently. We should have this resolved within the next few hours.
- Feb 23, 2013 Video: Rapid Team Deathmatch
This is a work-in-progress video of what will be available in King Arthur’s Gold 1.0 beta.
- Feb 15, 2013 Teaser: Fire Arrows
Done. Video Soon.
- Feb 14, 2013 Happy Valentine's Day!
Join us on the official servers for a little surprise! <3
- Feb 11, 2013 Arthurian League Reminder
The ArL is still going on, and has 24 matches remaining at the time of writing. Be sure to tune in to matches as they’re organised...
- Feb 1, 2013 Video: Combat and Fire
Footage from the upcoming beta showing various old and new combat moves + bomb and satchel burning stuff…
- Jan 31, 2013 Fire Video Coming Soon
We know you’re very much interested in what fire looks like; we’re still working on the effects a little and want to show you something...
- Jan 23, 2013 Radio Interview: MMORPG
A live radio interview with MM, recorded on soundcloud for those who missed it.
- Jan 16, 2013 Video: Siege Weapons
New Feature Video
- Jan 8, 2013 Tiny Hotfix on 590
An update went out to 590 earlier with just two small bugfixes/stability changes
- Jan 4, 2013 Video: Farming in KAG 1.0
New Feature Video
- Jan 1, 2013 Official Servers Announcement
Happy New Year! Introducing the KAG Official Servers!
- Dec 29, 2012 Video: How to craft a raft
A sneak preview of the upcoming features in KAG 1.0!
- Dec 29, 2012 Royal Guard vs the World
On January 4th, come play against the Royal Guards at 2000 GMT+0!
- Dec 21, 2012 Holiday 9.99$ Promotion & Internal Beta Announcement
To celebrate the holidays, we’ve decided to lower the price of King Arthur’s Gold to $9.99!
- Dec 20, 2012 Vote for KAG on IndieDB now
Hey, you should vote right now for KAG on IndieDB for the Game of the Year Award.
- Dec 14, 2012 Announcing King Arthur’s Golden Holiday Giveaway!
Every day from today to Christmas, we’ll be giving away two golden keys.
- Dec 14, 2012 Soon
You'll have to click to see...
- Dec 10, 2012 ArL - Arthurian League
Some of the more stable and prolific clans and players have organised something very special...
- Dec 10, 2012 KAGDev Sneak Peek
Just another day in the world of KAGDev :)
- Dec 6, 2012 Classic Update - Stability and Increased Modding
Yes yes we all want to see the scripting build out...
- Dec 5, 2012 Guro-claws’ Happy Christmas Funtime Giveaway
Seems everyone on KAGForums is getting into the Christmas spirit.
- Dec 4, 2012 Nominate KAG for IndieDB game of the year 2012
The annual game awards have started on IndieDB/ModDb.
- Nov 26, 2012 Donkey Kong Server
Here’s us winning the first map despite DK laughing at us the whole time ;)
- Nov 21, 2012 Art Teaser Post
Since it's been a while...
- Nov 21, 2012 Build 580
Just a minor fix to help SirSalami develop the default “official” config for CTF...
- Nov 19, 2012 Hotfix on Build 572
I just pushed another patch to build 572. The build number is still 572.
- Nov 18, 2012 Build 572 Update - Remote RCON Administration
This update allows linux server owners to execute RCON commands without being in-game.
- Nov 10, 2012 KAGoween Finals!
The finals are this weekend, starting with YB vs BoW at ~21:00 GMT, then MOLE vs POWER.
- Nov 10, 2012 HOTFIX: Build 572
Hotfix coming as soon as it’s built, along with less sticky/slow water.
- Nov 7, 2012 Classic Actually Probably Final Build 569 + Insight
More bug fixing went on these past few weeks, with both good and exhausting results.
- Nov 4, 2012 KAG Comic: Jomeo and Ruliet
For those that missed it, the most recent “Adventure of Meow” strip...
- Nov 1, 2012 Video: Automatic Script and Sprite Reloading
KAG now has automatic script and sprite reloading.
- Oct 26, 2012 The Great Kagoween Tournament
Some higher-ups in the community have been working hard to get together a tournament between 4 of the larger and better known clans.
- Oct 26, 2012 Dev Peek: The Saw, Logs, and Planks
♫♪ I’m a lumberjack and I’m okay, I sleep all warmup and I work all game! ♫♪
- Oct 23, 2012 Dev Peek: Boat and Shop Art and Discussion
Expect a new workshop system, and several different boat types...
- Oct 18, 2012 Build 548 - Classic ~Final
We’re coming up to a very large release of KAG, but here are some fixes for Classic.
- Oct 17, 2012 Video: Let's Play KAG
A wonderful "Let's Play" video with Andy, Darcia, and SirSalami.
- Oct 3, 2012 Video: How New Vehicles Will Look
This is a glimpse of how the all new vehicles will look.
- Sept 29, 2012 Cortex Command hit 1.0 on Friday!
Our friends at Data Realms have finally hit the “full version” milestone for a project
- Sept 28, 2012 Bringing it All Together
2 Weeks since last update? Better fix that!
- Sept 13, 2012 Build 514: Mute/Ignore
I’ve just pushed build 514. Its a smallish update, with one main focus: player muting/ignoring.
- Sept 10, 2012 Announcing KAG Single Sign-On and Garanis' Projects
While there haven’t been many updates to KAG itself over the past month or two, interesting things are coming on the infrastructure and API side.
- Sept 9, 2012 War Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future
What a mouthful.
- Sept 7 2012 Build 507 changlog
This is my best attempt at a changelog - once Geti is back online he can fill in the bits I'm missing.
- Sept 6 2012 Hotfix Build 507
Build 507 is out with some bugfixes and small changes.
- Aug 27, 2012 How Supports will Work
This is how support will work while building castles in the upcoming big release.
- Aug 19, 2012 Patches today (B489)
- Aug 18, 2012 Quick Fixes for Classic B488
We’ve been taking note of complaints from the community Re: classic gameplay,...
- Aug 8, 2012 Scripting Progress and Massive Rewrites
That basically sums up the past few weeks.
- Aug 4, 2012 What it's like to play a game as a Developer
- July 30, 2012 Archer Sprite
va va voom
- July 30, 2012 New Installers/Packages
New installers/packages for Mac/Windows/Linux are now present on the download page.
- July 30, 2012 Build 469: Hotfix
Just to let you know I’ve just pushed a hotfix for a couple of issues that sprung up...
- July 30, 2012 Build 469
Build 469 is out and is mostly made up of an assortment of seclev additions + several miscellaneous changes.
- July 21, 2012 Workshops Week
“But we already have workshops…”, you’re thinking to yourselves.
- July 19, 2012 Build 458
Build 458 is out and the main new feature being introduced is security levels, also known as seclevs.
- July 18, 2012 Hotfix for Beep Abuse
A hotfix has been pushed out to address the beep issue that is being abused increasingly wide across servers.
- July 18, 2012 The Adventure of Meow
The KAG team have been wanting to share the excellent work of xiaojin67 for some time!
- July 16, 2012 Intrusion 2 is out!
We’ve been scheming with a few other like-minded indies about getting the word out about each-other’s games,...
- July 13, 2012 New Inventory System
A little something that I carved out today.
- July 10, 2012 Unconnectable Network Stabilized
The aforementioned network issues should have now stabilized, please report on the forums if you see any new issues.
- July 10, 2012 KAG Network Outage
There is a partial outage with the network provider that delivers connectivity to the datacenter where the KAG servers are.
- July 10, 2012 Unconnectable Servers No Longer Displayed in the Server Browser
The server browser will now no longer list servers which time out upon being joined.
- July 10, 2012 Rewriting How Blocks Work
So, I’m rewriting how blocks work, so they can be loaded from scripts and carried as actual objects.
- July 5, 2012 Seclevs, Blocks and Physics Headaches
Multi-block constructions like ramps are underway, as well as server-side security levels.
- June 25, 2012 Maintenance complete
The process was a success, lasting only 5 minutes due to extensive preparation!
- June 25, 2012 Database Maintenance is starting
Maintenance begins now!
- June 24, 2012 Progress, setbacks, boats and ropes
We're working on API and scripting. Boats and rope attachments are underway.
- June 22, 2012 Hotfix on 428
Another hotfix featuring fixes, and a revamped Quick join logic.
- June 21, 2012 Important: Planned maintenance 09:00 UTC Monday, June 25th
Maintenance has been rescheduled--several systems will be down for some time.
- June 20, 2012 Map/Server Ingenuity by OnR
This server is not about fighting, but carefully jumping through platform puzzles.
- June 20, 2012 Hotfix on build 428
More fixes, and removed advertising in installer.
- June 19, 2012 Build 428
Tweaks and bug fixes, including the one where admins crash on collapses.
- June 17, 2012 Maintenance Debrief/Lessons Learned
Maintenance didn't go as planned, but we know what to do next time.
- June 17, 2012 Ongoing database maintenance
You may be unable to log in due to database maintenance.
- June 17, 2012 KAG time-lapse video "Wood & Water"
Great fun ingame.
- June 16, 2012 Minor Build 424
Some API changes.
- June 14, 2012 Hotfix on 421
Slight changes to the code.
- June 13, 2012 New build with completely new server browser interface
The server browser has been upgraded!
- June 13, 2012 KAG Dev: Deploying a boat
Video of testing boats.
- June 12, 2012 Hotfix Build 421
Addresses the "Mash C to Mine Faster" bug.
- June 11, 2012 Faster server browser released
A complete overhaul of the server browser back-end.
- June 10, 2012 Scripting in the works!
We're working toward scripting per-component for all entities!
- June 7, 2012 Build 415 hotfixes
A few changes and bug fixes.
- June 6, 2012 Wood & Water Build Released!
Wood and water, direct to the faces of full version players everywhere!
- June 2, 2012 Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!
Current plans for getting KAG feature-complete.
- May 24, 2012 A brief discussion about IPv6
You can support this important event.
- May 24, 2012 Re: Modding
Please don't PM devs for bugs or suggestions--use IRC, Forums, or Mantis.
- May 23, 2012 This week's cool stuff
Water, wooden blocks, and configure-able shield bashing!
- May 22, 2012 Build 394 fix for dedi on older linux distros
Use this if your linux server was broken!
- May 21, 2012 What's coming next
We're working toward version 1.0, starting on water and wood!
- May 15, 2012 Heads Tweak
Wrong pixels on some in-game heads have been removed.
- May 15, 2012 OS X 10.5.x issue resolved
This is for OS X 10.5 users who have had some problems.
- May 15, 2012 Autoupdate issue resolved
Your game should have no problems automatically updating now!
- May 15, 2012 Last chance to get KAG for only $9.99
The price will increase to $12.99 after today's hotfix!
- May 14, 2012 Fighting the undead - Now with friends! (Build 393)
Multiplayer zombies, accompanied by a ton of fixes and features!
- May 13, 2012 Interrupt while we're waiting
Just a few small more fixes. The party system will be changed too.
- May 13, 2012 Release Holdup - Should be out Monday
We hope to bring you the next build by Monday!
- May 9, 2012 Soldat is 10!
Soldat has reached it's tenth anniversary! Also, expect new heads soon.
- May 2, 2012 Combat Fixes and Exploit Patches
Problems with combat are being fixed.
- April 28, 2012 Fixes Galore
Many bugs are being worked out for the next build!
- April 23, 2012 Build 370 Released!
Spectator mode, changes to resource counter, increased mod-ability.
- April 19, 2012 Post-Birthday Developments
Many planned features are in development.
- April 17, 2012 Happy Birthday KAG!
It's the one year anniversary of KAG's conception!system.
- April 15, 2012 Developments of the last week
Geti on the latest achievements in coding including a new scriptable entity
- April 15, 2012 Zombie Fortress Video
Commented video about trying to survive the zombie horde.
- April 11, 2012 Build 360 Released!
Hotfix for some more bugs.
- April 11, 2012 Build 359 Released!
Multiple bug fixes from last build.
- April 10, 2012 Changes Large and Small
Update on plans for the future of KAG and War/Overworld modes.
- April 8, 2012 Linux Fix
Fix for Linux users.
- April 5, 2012 Build 353 Released!
New feature: Throwing corpses!
- April 2, 2012 Security Breach Hoax
Considering a lot of you are taking it very seriously, the security breach thing was a hoax...
- April 1, 2012 Direly Important Update (Build 349)
Patches to an exploit allowing malicious code into KAG. Pls update ASAP!
- March 28, 2012 Build 346 Released!
Several more bug fixes...
- March 27, 2012 Build 345 Released!
Several bug fixes and a few tweaks...
- March 18, 2012 Guards vs The World
A promotional event where guards face off premium players...
- March 16, 2012 Current Direction
News update on progress of game development after GDC...
- March 8, 2012 Geti, Notch and Ace of Spades
Geti playing Ace of Spades behind Notch’s back...
- March 2, 2012 Zombie Fortress Single Player
The release of a single player zombie survival mode.
- February 24, 2012 A word from Geti
The necessary fixes contributing to delay of the new release.
- February 19, 2012 MM's Developer Blog
MM blogs about his current thoughts on game design.
- February 15, 2012 KAG is Essential to Have
KAG is making more and more of a splash, getting featured on G4!
- February 14, 2012 Wrapping up zombies
Everything that is going to be added, has been added.
- February 11, 2012 Day 1 Testing
Quotes from how the current testing is going.
- February 7, 2012 Teasers of Next Release!
More new things coming in the next release!
- February 6, 2012 Payment Options Aplenty!
More payment options are coming soon!
- February 3, 2012 Zombies Soon!
Soon you'll fighting zombies as a team!
- February 1, 2012 KAG wins JiG 2011
KAG has won the "Jay is Games" award for best casual indie game 2011 in the category "Strategy or Role-Playing"!
- January 25, 2012 Even More BRAAIINNSSS!
More Zombies Updates! Also, patch explanation.
- January 23, 2012 BRRAAIIINNNSS
Updates on the zombie progress.
- January 19, 2012 Wang tiles
With the upcoming zombies patch, it seems randomly generated castles are in the works.
- January 17, 2012 News Roundup
KAG has been making a splash in a lot of places lately!
- January 17, 2012 BUILD 274 RELEASED!
All bug fixes, no new additions.
- January 13, 2012 Vote KAG! (JiG Best of 2011)
KAG up for voting in the Best of 2011 awards at JayIsGames.
- January 13, 2012 New engine news clarification
Explanation about transitioning to a new engine.
- January 12, 2012 Duel map with radiosity lighting
Screenshot showing off radiosity lighting on a duel map.
- January 10, 2012 Real darkness
Zombie AI and lighting system.
- January 6, 2012 BUILD 265 RELEASED!
More fixes in this new release.
- January 5, 2012 BUILD 262-263 RELEASED!
A new workshop system and many fixes in preparation for zombies and war.
- January 4, 2012 New Release Imminent
Build 262 about to come out.
- January 1, 2012 Test build available
Test build 260 available on the forums.
- December 24, 2011 Merry Xmas!
Christmas greetings and IndieDB editor's choice award.
- December 20, 2011 Little zombie survival screenshot
Showing off zombies in the night.
- December 20, 2011 KAG Tournament!
Tournament on December 26-27.
- December 14, 2011 Lighting!
About the upcoming lighting system.
- December 12, 2011 New map format
An improved map format is being created by MM. On other news: 2500 full version sales crossed!
- December 8, 2011 Grrrrrr… mmmmh…
MM works on Zombie Mode.
- December 6, 2011 King Arthur’s Gold. Now on Mac.
Mac version is out now!
- December 4, 2011 Mac version en route!
A Mac OSX version of KAG is coming soon; a test build probably within 24 hours!
- December 4, 2011 Linux version fixed
Linux build 228 got some autoupdate fixes.
- December 2, 2011 Build 228! Finally!
The new build comes with better in-game menus, a quick-join feature, in-game access to the manual and other pages, and much much more.
- December 1, 2011 Bug Reports! & More voting to do!
Finally a bug tracker for KAG and votings for Indie of the Year 2011 via Indie DB.
- November 30, 2011 A story about my recent experience with EA.
Geti mainly rants about EA, pre-ordering and DRM.
- November 29, 2011 Aus Server up for testing!
Official australian servers up for testing!
- November 28, 2011 Oh So Close
Geti tells us that the test build is nearly out! Only minor fixes need to be made.
- November 24, 2011 Off for the weekend, Quick Update.
Geti goes camping. Yay for him! Also test build soon and possibly no browser functionality this build.
- November 23, 2011 Vote KAG! (for serious this time)
Quickly to the vote-mobile! Also contains a slight look into the immediate future.
- November 20, 2011 Huzzah! Build successful!
Geti tells us that he has time to work on his list.
- November 18, 2011 Help out on the Wiki & Bye bye Disqus!
Geti explains why the ability to comment on the blog was removed in favor of a quick link to the Official Forums. Also a call for help from us, the KAG wiki contributors.
- November 17, 2011 Main Menus overhaul
MM describes the improved menus he is working on.
- November 15, 2011 Some Changes to run by the Community regarding Builders and Bridges
Geti runs some ideas for changes to the builder by the community. Make sure to vote and comment on it here.
- November 14, 2011 KAG Minecraft Art
Some interesting pixel art from the forums.
- November 13, 2011 Some updates!
Geti mentions the user spike after the feature in TotalBiscuits web show. Also some information about servers.
- November 10, 2011 This Blog post only contained of a picture of the apple logo.
- November 9, 2011 Hello new players!
MM introduces the game to the new players and gives a brief outlook on what is to come. There is also a mention of the official IRC channel (#kag on quakenet or join instantly by click here).
- November 7, 2011 Master Playing Up & Build 203 released!
Geti informs the players that the master server authentification is off and MM releases the new build 203. Check the changelog right here!
- November 4, 2011 Build 200 ‘Player Customizations’ released!
Geti announces the release of the new build 200. Check the changelog right here!
- November 2, 2011 KAG on IGF 2012 !
KAG was entered into the official competition of the Independent Games Festival 2012.
- October 30, 2011 News on next release
MM introduces the new idea of a "team unit counter".
- October 24, 2011 Bug/feature? from the test build.
A video of the new "Knight-Zeppelin" bug.
- October 23, 2011 Server Issues
Geti apologizes for the broken master server.
- October 22, 2011 Testing testing 2
MM is polishing the new build a lot, public release is imminent.
- October 19, 2011 Adventures, Overworlds and the “Full version”
Exciting news about the future of KAG, MUST READ! Overworlds!
- October 14, 2011 Testing testing
Use the test client to test out new pie menus with MM and Geti.
- October 11, 2011 New ingame menus
MM announces new menus.
- October 5, 2011 Just a heads up:
Geti invites to the test build with a draft implementation of workshops.
- October 4, 2011 A new engine
MM works on a complete rebuild of the current engine.
- October 3, 2011 Interview with MM on IndieGames.com
MM gave an interview on IndieGames.com.
- September 30, 2011 Go Vote!
Support the game.
- September 28, 2011 This weeks sneak peek
Sneak peek for next build.
- September 26, 2011 Call to arms!
Red, and blue, the biggest recorded single battle ever yet.
- September 23, 2011 Features Coming!
Showcase new features.
- September 19, 2011 One “KAG Day” & Build 154 released!
New user registrations and total user logins per hour over one day. New build includes “Basics & Building” tutorial. Check the changelog right here!
- September 16, 2011 “New Server Browser” build released!
New servers browser!
- September 15, 2011 Alpha Funding on Desura!
King Arthur’s Gold is now officially part of the alphafunding program on the games distribution channel Desura.
- September 14, 2011 Server browser inbound
Server browser inbound.
- September 11, 2011 What’s next
Announcement for the bomb workshop and other new stuff.
- September 5, 2011 Premium KAG and The Future
Showcase what’s coming in KAG Premium.
- September 4, 2011 Premium accounts reactivated
Reactivate of Premium accounts.
- September 3, 2011 KAG trailer & French, Polish & Russian subforums
KAG trailer from Crashman208 and French, Polish and Russian subforum created.
- September 2, 2011 New website and game accounts & Human Catapult build released!
New website, Official KAG Forums, Human catapult included, dozens of tweaks, changes and bug fixes.
- September 1, 2011 Server issues & Attention server owners
The master server has been transferred and the address has changed. Issues with master server login and server downloading.
- August 30, 2011 New catapult ammunition
Player as catapult ammunition.
- August 26, 2011 Build 130 Released! & Tweaking the HUD
Most critical issues fixed and improved slightly. Check the changelog right here! Announcement for changes at the HUD.
- August 25, 2011 “New HUD” Build Released!
Big update that involves improving the game graphics. Check the changelog right here!
- August 24, 2011 Building Ideas & KAG direction change
Resource bubbles for interaction idea and announce the idea for KAG Gold.
- August 22, 2011 Build 126 Released!
Fixed some crash reasons and the editor work now. Check the changelog right here!
- August 19, 2011 “Eyecandy” Build Released!
Huge graphic update and other new stuff. Check the changelog right here!
- August 12, 2011 Graphic update announcement
Also fixed the long time disconnection of all players after map restart.
- August 11, 2011 Impersonation Issues & More hitches and more good news
Track down duplicate accounts and news above the release
- August 9, 2011 Pre-orders of Gold Servers Access are over
The premium players count reached 100 and the pre-order is over.
- August 6, 2011 Interview Over! Also, delays D:, short teaser of new mechanics and animations & A note to server owners.
MM Interview and announce to the official update. Graphics build has been delayed. New knight mechanics and redrawn animations. Server owners can turn off votekick.
- August 4, 2011 Graphics build nearing completion! & Pre-orders help
Announce new graphics and explain people how the pre-order works right.
- August 3, 2011 No.42 How Not To Be Seen
Shows a picture with an laid archer who´s hard to see.
- August 2, 2011 Backgrounds & trees
New backgrounds and fir trees.
- July 31, 2011 Graphics overhaul + tutorial
MM talks about the next build which will basically be a graphics overhaul, they will also add a tutorial.
- July 26, 2011 Gold Servers Premium Access & a video
The video shows a WIP build and the blog post introduces "Gold Server" for customers.
- July 25, 2011 About lag & a video
The video shows a KAG timelapse by Snoopicus, while the blog post informs server owners to set the player limit lower to prevent lags.
- July 23, 2011 Contains a picture as the title
Announcement of the comming "eyecandy" build. Prettier backgrounds and graphics are comming!
- July 22, 2011 Rendering code
Hiding in grass will become possible soon.
- July 21, 2011 Mumble crash
Mumble crashes the KAG client for unknown reasons.
- July 19, 2011 ‘COMBAT BUILD’ 90 RELEASED
Changed combat mechanics, but will it be more fun? Check the changelog right here and decide for yourself!
- July 17, 2011 Revised background
Small ambiance update.
- July 16, 2011 99% chance these will come into the game
Overview of planned features for KAG.
- July 15, 2011 DB digs KAG
KAG's current popularity rank on ModDB: 2 of 4116.
- July 13, 2011 Should outposts give out supplies? & Test build
There is a poll and a new test build, go vote and play!
- July 11, 2011 This week
Overview about goals this week.
- July 9, 2011 Subscribe to the feed, Running KAG on OSX & Server browser
Running some ideas by the community and giving out a workaround to play KAG on OSX. Also please subscribe if you want to get the latest news as soon as they get out.
- July 7, 2011 Team chat usage poll
Do you use the teamchat? How do you like it?
- July 6, 2011 Google Moderator suggestions & New test build
Check out the new way of voting on ideas here. Also there is a new test build running, go play it!
- July 3, 2011 A few days off
In other news: Geti is on vacation.