From King Arthur's Gold Wiki
This page is not up-to-date.
This guide will provide the basics of being a knight for each gamemode based on experience.
- At the building phase knights aren't needed and it is recommended to turn into a builder and build/mine until the round starts. This gives you coins, helps your team, and you can give your resources to your teams builder(s) after.
- The most efficient offensive (or defensive, if you're standing on a wall) squad for knights is the knight and the archer. The knight blocks while the archer shoots. This is recommended for players with voice chat and/or a good metod of communication!
- For defensive the knight and builder are best.
- Don't use bombs if you don't know what you are doing with them, as you can end up team killing, or worst, destroying an important wall. Remember to shield <RMB> or catch the bomb <C> (then toss it!) if you can!
- When you're low on health, run towards a defensive/useful area. For example, run towards an higher area is possible. You can then slash/bash/keep your enemy down much easier.
- Never run straight up to an enemy knight! Most likely (unless they're noobs) they will slice you into bits before you even get to strike. This doesn't mean you should to run away every time-try to slowly approach the player/slahs-jump towards them.
- Don't rush (not as in 'rush A', as in calm down and take a deep breath)! Hundreds of thousands of knights have been slaughtered because they rushed. Use the terrain! Ask your teammates to help! A killed knight is no use to the vulnerable frontline builders and archers.
- If you and another knight are fighting, try to slash after them. If you are very close, shield then stab, as it will stun the enemy (a tiny bit) and halt their slash, but when you jab on a shield you're in big trouble (since you will be stunned for 1 second). If you stab too much, an enemy can just shield to stun you then a double slash/stabs will kill you easily.
- When fighting an archer, move constantly-jump when you can and move towards him while shielding. If you have your sound on try to listen to his bow pulling to know the 'strength' of the attack (damage+speed of the arrow)and note his distance from you to know when he might strike. Another method is to stand your ground-In KAG Beta a fully-charged shot doesn't stun your shield anymore, so you can just 'camp'. Beware though: the shot WILL stun you once the distance closes to around roughly 3 blocks. If you are an advanced player, slash-jump towards the archer when he is closer (5 blocks) to you. This will either kill him or force him to go back, earning you precious time for your teammates to come to the rescue.
- If you somehow are alone against an archer and an knight (This part requires a lot of skill to do) using the technique for listening to the archers strength of the bow and his distance while fighting the knight. If you have a bomb try your best to bomb the archer and the knight or if the knight is to far from the archer try to bomb the archer. Only shield when you think the archer is about to attack or when the enemy knight is about to do a stab or slash.
- Whenever you think you are about to die and you have a bomb on you, use it and let them kill you(The earlier the better). If they are pro players they will most likely escape the bomb so lighting it earlier will give them less time. But beware though! They can pick up your bomb and throw it towards your teammates, so you have to time correctly (make it blow up in your backpack if possible)
- Always travel in squads, two-three man army works best. 2 knights 1 archer if raiding for the flag, 1 knight two archer(s) if pushing back the enemy, and 2 knights and 1 builder if pushing back enemy from your base.
- Knights have the advantage on land while builders have it underground so avoid tunneling unless you have some archers with you.
- This might be classified as bug exploitation, but if you join servers with good connection it will be easier to defeat your enemies as your slash charges faster than others if their ping is higher.
- Stay with the crowd. If your team splits up join somebody and make a 2 man army.
- Save your bombs for a really important moment to use them.
- Best squad to do is archer and knight.
- Try to take the least hits as possible to avoid death.
- Archers aren't much of a threat in this gamemode unless they are teamed with a knight or they are near the tent as they can change to a knight and kill you.
- Whenever you think you are about to die and you have a bomb on you, use it and let them kill you(The earlier the better). If they are pro players they will most likely escape the bomb so lighting it earlier will give them less time.
- Of course you know to never go alone if you want to win.
- Try to find the highest ground and stay there. You will have the advantage of being able to shield bash which does a lot of damage if done right.
- Since there are no builders on these gamemodes try to make transportation harder for the enemy team(eg: Destroying a ladder to the top of the map.)
|Archer • Builder • Knight|